Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Be Still

Praying for a lot of patience lately. Asking others to pray for patience in our home. Patience for a two-year-old that doesn’t know he is two and is growing up way to fast, but inpatient that he just can’t quite do all he wants to do. Patience for a five-year-old with a two-year-old yanking, following, mimicking every move and seeking attention. Patience for Daddy who is done with all the noise, whining, screaming, yelling, and “huh?” Patience for Mommy who is dragging, cuddling, singing, carrying, covering up one more time, answering the “I need this it’s really important” questions. But maybe it’s more about peace.
Peace in knowing we are making the right choices in our marriage, for our family, for our boys. Taking the time to Be Still in God’s presence. To enjoy the peace He offers.
Relaxing in God’s holy presence. Feeling His face shine upon me and our family.
Enjoying each moment, knowing this stage to will pass (and we may even miss it).
Seeing the innocence of learning and growing with personality galore.
Knowing that patience a virtue we all should learn. And being still and listening is just as important for a 2- and 5-year-old as it is for Mommy and Daddy.
So, I will continue to practice patience and be still…or maybe that is me falling asleep on the couch again.
Psalm 46:10 - He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;”

2 comments:

Leese said...

the number ONE thing I pray for is Patience :)

Anneke said...

I don't think you will regret being so real on your blog. In fact, I think you will be grateful. Way to go SI.