During this time, I've thought, mumbled, and possibly spoken it out loud - "I will never do that!" Well, I eat my words, literally, as we are ready to enjoy our fifth birthday cake for VW!
This year the celebration is Rescue Bots. There are tons of Transformer birthday bash material, but very little Rescue Bots, so you improvise! It's more fun anyway!
I have learned a few things along the way!
One - make cake and marshmallow fondant night before!
Buy a massive amount of butter cream frosting from Hy-Vee for a whopping $5.99.
[So, so appreciative for this advise from dear friend, LA!!!]
Butter cream frosting on the first layer!
Knead the fondant, color, and start to roll!
And roll!
DONE! More butter cream on the next layer!
More rolling...
We got ourselves the top layer!
And a mess!
Add some decorative, fondant balls!
Add Rescure Bots, so you actually
have a Rescue Bots cake!
Ta-Dah!
Love you, buddy!


2 comments:
SO beautiful! You are very talented!
Way to go Steph! Cake is awesome!!!
Post a Comment