Thursday, November 8, 2012

Protector and Fixer

At 3:00 this morning the quiet beep of our computer electric protector sounded...the electricity is out! Beep silented, cell phone alarm clock set and snuggled deeper into bed.

"MaMaMaMa" sounded around 5:00. Check-in on DG to discover that he is hungry. So, banana by candle light and back to bed.

"Mommy?!?" VW inquires in the new silence. We convince him to get out of bed and peaks around the corner..."the light is off in my room, what happened to my night light!"

"Oh, honey...come snuggle."

VW finds his comfort, protected spot in the crook of my arm and snuggles in.

"Where's the light?"

"Don't know, honey, but they are fixing it!"

"You are fixing it?"

"Oh, no...someone else is fixing it."

"I can fix things!"

Love the innocence of VW that finds comfort and trusts that I can fix it for him!

May I have the same trust that God will "fix" things in our lives, even if it is not the fix I had dreamed and comforts and protects me in all things!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
* FYI. We were then up at this time. Too much commotion for our home and pets to stay asleep! Lights back on around 7:00...just in time to leave!

1 comment:

Anneke said...

What an annoyance, but such precious moments together. I admire how you didn't let the frustration about the power steal your joy!