Monday, November 19, 2012

Life, Laundry, & Lipgloss

It is so amazing to me how quickly life seems to go by, as it is already Thanksgiving week of 2012!! I stop to pause to truly thank God for all life has given us and pray for it to slow down OR at least be more consciously aware of everything around me.

One such moment occurred last night when I caught DG in the closet trying to remove the vacuum. I hauled it out and he reached up to me to be held, 'cuz who doesn't like to push a vacuum and hold a 25+ pound child! So, VW starts picking up all the toys and DG and I vacuum!

I giggle as I peer in from the front entryway to our entry table. Quite the "welcome" to our house!! Down to our holiday decor and doctors kit, paper airplane, tools, cars, lawn mower, blocks, and pink vacuum!



Then Daddy takes over with vacuuming while VW and I clean up the family room. Here I find the pile of a couple of the many loads of laundry that just a few hours ago VW helped me match socks!


And I am reminded of this quote:
So, I sigh and pause, as I am thankful for the laundry that I haven't done in a couple weeks; that then makes me thankful that we have enough clothes (& underwear) that I could wait in my 'sniffle, tickle' exhaustion I've faced the last few weeks; that makes me thankful for the excitment of a little guy that sits with me matching socks, who is very adament that he does it himself and talks my ear off; that makes me thankful for the lipgloss that I find at the bottom of the laundry basket, the one "girly" thing in our home of men, which DG must've gotten out my make-up drawer while helping me get ready and had to carry around, that ends up in the bottom of a laundry pile to remind me how blessed we are in life with the piles of laundry and the sparkle of lipgloss!

1 comment:

Leese said...

That poster is adorable and SO STINKING true! Gonna have to hang that one up!