Our gifts for the boys are a three gift maximum…the wise men brought three gifts to our Savior so long ago, in our abundance do we need any more than this?
Yet, there I sat, looking at the list, our budget, and the
pile of “stuff” in front of me, and dared to ask the question: “Oh, honey, can’t
we just get one more…”
With twelve more days until the beautiful Christmas morning
sunrise, may I pause and truly remember the meaning of Christmas.
There is no need for more Christmas decorations to be
displayed, no need for more presents under the tree, no need for more
trinkets to fill the stockings…may I be filled with Christmas joy, be
surrounded by the ones I love, be thankful for a year of ups and downs that
have drawn me closer to Him, be present to truly ravish in the wonder of
Christmas, of the love God has for each one of us for…
“I am your God, and I am one of you, and I’ll be the Gift,
and I’ll take you. Take me?”
Do not miss what God has to offer you; do not miss the meaning
of the miraculous birth of our Lord, may you hunger for satisfaction in Him.
2 comments:
Very well put! we all must remember the reason for the season. In our world today, our children need us to remember now more than ever.
Beautiful thought. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment