It’s such a humbling experience as we celebrate this Easter,
Jesus’ last words of Forgiveness and Assurance.
Jesus’ last words of Forgiveness and Assurance.
How grateful I am to be reminded that Jesus’ last words were not ones of regret or selfishness, but in His suffering His words held such deep meaning and purpose:
“Father, forgive them for they do not know what they are doing.” [forgiveness]
“I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise.” [assurance]
In these last words, may I:
- Recognize the seriousness of my sinfulness before God = my deep need for a Savior
- Fear my Savoir- a Holy and Just God, who will hold me accountable for my sin with love and grace
- Truly believe that Jesus IS the Son of God
- Experience God’s grace; be forgiven with the amazing promise of eternal life.
I put my TRUST in you, Lord. Thank you for blessing our family so abundantly for you alone provided the ultimate sacrifice with forgiveness and assurance of so much more to come!
1 comment:
Beautiful and encouraging words. GORGEOUS family!
Post a Comment