Monday, September 10, 2012

Swish ~ Swoosh ~ Whoosh

Cousin IM decided to take on the exciting endeavor and experience of sixth grade cross country. Since Mommy loved her XX experiences, she took this opportunity to start running again and help IM with his pace, mental toughness (which he is pretty amazing), and how crazy your body feels when you run (like jelly, side-aches, shin splits, and runners spit). 

Labor Day weekend we started running together (haven't ran together since, although we have separately). We had a great time and he is good. He has a good pace, asked super questions, and even encouraged me along the way. I learned how "old" I feel after running one evening and then turning around and running again the following morning. Wow, my body didn't know what to do! I also remembered how competitive I was and wouldn't let an 11-year-old beat me, even though some day I know he will.

While running together, the younger kids found this fun swing that they could all ride on together! 


IM had his first meet on Friday. He did awesome! There were 1000+ people there and even his parents were not quite sure what to think. We found the path and were able to cheer for him during the race and at the finish line. He was strong, right in the middle of the pack! Thanks for the reminding me of the excitement, reward, and pain of running IM. Have fun in your first XX season!

Need to get a picture of the runner...just have his adoring fans!





1 comment:

Anneke said...

I am so happy to hear that IM is running now! I ran with him and EH once too. They are both very gifted. :-)