I had a friend that was in a bible study with me while I was pregnant with VW. She was a military kid and now a wife with four girls. She told me she would occasionally go around the house and snap a picture of what living life was like for them at that moment and place (I can’t fathom all the places she has lived!)
So, a couple weeks ago, when I took an afternoon off to do some deep cleaning of our upstairs (i.e., bedrooms), I felt the urge to capture a moment of time as I was overcome with gratitude, humbleness, and memories.
Here is VWs bedroom. I love the stripes Daddy painted for him and the great curtains Nana made! You can’t see it well in this picture, but I love how VW has all is cars in straight lines on his chair, all facing the same direction (i.e., windshield to rear). I love his baseball and bat on the wall that Daddy bought on his first trip to the store for baby items when he found out VW was a boy! I love the comforter that VW crawls under every night to read his books and say his prayers. He is always thankful for Jesus at the beginning and ends with his Cousin NR.
Here is DGs bedroom. Daddy (and Aunt K even helped some) also painted stripes for Mommy in DGs room. I love the warmth of his room and the transportation pictures reminding us that “Jesus is the way”. The rug is borrowed from Aunt M to lighten the room up (along with borrowed rocker). I have many memories of rocking and nursing DG, humming, singing, and praying that he will be a man after God’s heart. And of course, many dirty diapers have been changed on the dresser that Papa heightened perfectly to Mommy’s height and utilizing my favorite diaper caddy!
Here is VWs and DGs / guest bathroom. I think some of the favs about this place is that this will NOT look the same as the boys grow older. I can see towels, deodorant/ “Axe”, hair gel, etc. spewed everywhere! But today, I love that there is a second little toilet seat so VW doesn’t fall in. I love that VW thinks he needs to have 3 toothbrushes! I see the bath mat that VW and DG sit on while bathing and hear the giggles and splashing and see their cute little bums while they write on the wall! Love Aunt Ks picture of Italy and reminded how our reflections can make "muddy water beautiful".
And finally, Mommy and Daddy’s room. To be honest, when I see this picture I just giggle, our room never looks like this! First, the bed usually has an old quilt on it to protect it from Bailey and Kelty hair. And secondly, it usually has piles or baskets of laundry to be put away, most often in the boys’ room, but it usually gets brought upstairs while they are sleeping. What I do love about this room, is the picture of Mommy and Daddy’s wedding day and reminded of the man I married and what he has become. How much we’ve changed and grown together. I love the floating end tables Daddy made me and the fun, red lamps. I love the HUGE Bailey bed! I love the TV in the corner that rarely gets watched! And, last but not least, our new king bed! I remember saying we don’t need a king bed! But Saturday mornings when we all cuddle together and Daddy and I eye each other over our boys adorable heads, we know life is such a blessing (and a king bed is a must).
Here are the memories of the upstairs of our home in 2012. So many more life changes and experiences to come!

1 comment:
What an amazing home. I love the family king bed. :-)
Post a Comment